Fondren en Plein Air

Image: Find It In Fondren™

The Fondren en Plein Air event kicks off with registration at the Cedars on Tuesday, May 2nd at 6:00 p.m.  Artists will have the opportunity to sign up and have their supports stamped while enjoying wine and cheese and a demonstration by artist Perry Austin.  Registration will continue at the Cedars throughout the day on Wednesday and will finish up with a demonstration on wet plate photography by artist Euphus Ruth on Wednesday at 6:00 p.m.

Paint days are 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, May 3rd at Mayes Lake and 8:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Thursday, May 4th in the Fondren area.  Maps will be provided at registration.  This event is open to all artists.  A $20 participation fee collected at registration will be used for prize money for the judged contest.  (Anyone painting at Mayes Lake will be required to pay a park fee of $4.00 per vehicle at the gate for entry.)

Our wet paint show will be at Brown’s Fine Art & Framing during Fondren’s Arts, Eats & Beats on May 4th from 5 – 8 p.m.  Artists are asked to bring a frame suitable for hanging each piece entered.  Deadline to submit work for the show is 3:00 p.m. at Brown’s on Thursday, May 4th.  All work exhibited must be for sale. Must be active participant to be eligible for cash prize. Artists will receive 60% of the selling price of any piece sold with the remaining 40% going toward the cost to underwrite the show.

© 2017, Fondren Renaissance Foundation