Fondren’s First Thursday Gets ‘Remix’ for 2017
Fondren’s First Thursday, the monthly neighborhood street party held in Historic Downtown Fondren, will return on March 2, 2017 – with a twist.
Event organizer Ron Chane says a new system of alternating presenters each month will expand the depth of creativity of the two year-old event.
Included in this year’s FFT slate are three State Street Concert Series events presented by Sneaky Beans and Rooster’s, showcasing a headlining main stage act; the return of Fondren Renaissance’s Arts, Eats & Beats, a 15 year-old Fondren tradition; a special art-focused night helmed by the Mississippi Museum of Art; and FRF’s Fondren Unwrapped, on a new date, December 7. Three FFT “Throwbacks,” presented by Studio Chane, round out the year and will follow a structure similar to past year’s first Thursday events. Two of these, June and September, will offer vendors opportunities.
“This event has taken two years to reach its creative maturity,” says Chane, who will continue to guide and support the full roster of events for 2017. “This is still a positive night of people enjoying people, seeing our neighborhood from different perspectives. There will be an ebb and flow with much more variety. In short, something for everyone.”
The events for 2017 are:
• March 2 – State Street Concert Series presented by Rooster’s and Sneaky Beans
• April 6 – Fondren’s First Thursday Throwback presented by Studio Chane
• May 4 – Arts, Eats & Beats presented by Fondren Renaissance
• June 1 – Fondren’s First Thursday Throwback presented by Studio Chane
• July 6 – State Street Concert Series presented by Rooster’s and Sneaky Beans
• August 3 – End of Summer
• September 7 – Fondren’s First Thursday Throwback presented by Studio Chane
• October 5 – State Street Concert Series presented by Rooster’s and Sneaky Beans
• November 2 – Art Night presented by Mississippi Museum of Art
• December 7 – Fondren Renaissance’s Fondren Unwrapped presented by Bank Plus