Fondren After 5 Feb. 6 Activities
Fondren After 5 is coming back in a revamped format in February and if the current list is any indication, participation from merchants, restaurants and vendors will be strong.
Ron Chane, a designer and merchant, is heading up a committee to organize efforts to bring “new life” to the first Thursday event, presented by Fondren Renaissance.
In an email sent to organizers late last week, Chane noted the following activities:
- JPD will be out on horseback and the Jackson Fire Department will have a truck for kids to explore.
- fondRUN, the 2 mile monthly pub run during Fondren After 5, begins at 6pm at Brent’s. They will also offer milkshake specials.
- St Luke’s will have a space jump and Magical Creations, with characters in costume, face-painting, balloon art, and a carnival-style atmosphere
- McDade’s is donating 100 balloons for each Fondren After 5
- Rooster’s, Fondren Public, Lenny’s, M!SO, Quizno’s, Babalu, Walkers Drive-In, Aladdin and Petra Cafe have all indicated plans to be open. Additional places that will be open and offering live music (Sneaky Beans, Cups (Tightrope Escapade), Que Sera Sera,Cafe Ole’, Fondren Guitars and Sal & Mookies.
- Campbell’s Bakery – pop up shop in front of Fondren Corner
- Art opening reception at The Cedars (The Artists of Clinton) and at Brown’s (Tommy Goodman).
- Gaddis Group – new paintings on display in second floor gallery at Fondren Corner
- One Blue Wall – showing works from local artists (Fondren Corner)
Fondren Theatre Workshop presents “FOOL FOR LOVE” by Sam Shepard in the lobby of the Pix Capri
- Merchants, professional businesses and salons committed to being open: Swell-O-Phonic/Soma-Wilai (giving away free t-shirts), Mosaic, Weir + Boerner Architecture, Studio 34 Hair Salon, Blythe & Vine (open an extra hour), Fondren Nails, It’s all about You (open an extra hour), Sun Gallery Tanning, Electric Dagger Tattoo, Rainbow Co-Op (with vendor space), Fondren Cellars (10% off all wine), Glo (open an extra hour), Mulberry Dreams, Fondren Art, Heart-A-Lot gallery open with live music, James Patterson / Ron Blaylock (open with live music), Nuts and William Wallace / Fondren Barbershop.
- Vendors and organizations inside and around Fondren Corner and Rainbow Co-Op: Cheshire Abbey (pet adoptions), SkateMS , Midtown Bike Shop, Patrice Deyling Vintage, Chuck Jett, April Shelby, Michael Shoffner, Rubies Daughters, Sweet Gum Apothecary, Claire Alexander, Jason Jenkins, Dana Hood, Amy Clay, William Goodman, Mississippi Craftsman’s Guild, Elizabeth Robinson, The Hard Places Community, Nell Knox, Rachel Browning, Magnolia Roller Vixens, Ginger Williams Cook, Old House Depot, Figment, CARA (pet adoptions), MS Spay Neuter, No GMO, Uncle Bubba’s Farm, Alesa Knight Body Creams, Tommy Reaves and Tony Davenport
Chane says the list is growing daily and more activities are sure to be added in this first Fondren After 5 for 2014. Check out a map showing all of the activities below.