Flea, Carnival Slated for Saturday March 25
We’ve made some changes to the weekend normally reserved for Fondren’s Zippity Doo Dah® Festival and want you to save the date!
- The Band U.S will perform at Duling Hall on Friday, March 24 at 9pm. Presented by Ardenland, this high energy group has an elaborate stage and lighting setup and a set list to match! Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door at ardenland.net.
- Back by popular demand will be the Fondren Flea, billed as the state’s largest flea market/garage sale. Area home owners and businesses will join together early Saturday morning to the delight of shoppers and bargain hunters from all across the state.
- The annual Sal & Mookie’s Street Carnival, open to all ages, will include games, prizes and activities. From a jump zone and cookie walk to a dunking booth and eating contests, the carnival is located on the UMMC Green and admission is $2 per child.
- Due to newly projected expenses not incurred in the past, important logistical decisions could not be made in a timely fashion, resulting in the cancellation of the annual nighttime parade.
- Once again, the Doo Dah Day® Blue Car Giveaway generously provided by Patty Peck Honda will be on display. Raffle tickets for the 2016 Honda Civic two-door Coupe LX-P CVT are $20 each with a portion of the proceeds benefitting Friends of Children’s Hospital. Tickets will be available here at fondren.org beginning Friday, February 24. A weekly winner will be drawn with one lucky winner being named during our Arts, Eats & Beats on Thursday, May 4, 2017.
Fondren Renaissance holds true to the mission of Fondren’s Zippity Doo Dah® Festival, raising awareness and funds for the children of Batson Children’s Hospital – Mississippi’s only children hospital, centered in Fondren.