2015 Cedars Juried Artists Selected
Fondren Renaissance Foundation, in cooperation with presenters Jan and Lawrence Farrington and Butler Snow, LLP, wishes to announce the participants in the this year’s 4th annual Cedars Juried Show.
This year’s exhibition received entries from over 90 artists from across the state of Mississippi resulting in close to 300 pieces of art for consideration in this year’s competition. This year’s selections for the juried exhibition consist of 80 works representing 64 artists from 20 different cities throughout Mississippi and are drawn from over 90 artists from across the state submitting nearly 300 works.
The works selected are from:
• Christian Bailey, Saucier
• Jonathon Berry, Lisa Bishop Berry, Jasmine Cole, Matthew Cook, Robert Cooper, Kira Cummings, Rebecca Cupples, Maureen Donnelly, Cleta Ellington, Carol Hammond, Theresa Haygood, Howard Jones, Amelia Key, Richard McKey, Sunny Palmisano, Lisa Paris, William Patterson, Elizabeth Robinson, Emily Sabree, Jean Seymour, Larry Singleton, Guy Stricklin, Nate Theisen, Mike Wharton, Tyler White, Bill Wilson, Thomas Wilson, Jackson
• Brandon Cartwright, Terri Herring, Wanda Lowery, Elaine Maisel, Chad Mars, Janet Shearer, Ridgeland
• Jeremy Cawthon, Janet Lushbaugh, Laurel Schoolar, Renee Vandevere, Brandon
• Susan Clark, Louisville
• Barre Clements, Beth Dean, Betty Jo Johnson, Lacy Johnson, Tom Joynt, Glenn Sanford, Leslie Saucier, Gay Simpson, Kay Watts, Madison
• Alan Creel, Pearl
• Gary Delancey, Bassfield
• Paul Fayard, Jeneane Mixon, Clinton
• John Fontaine, Andrew McIntyre, Oxford
• David Gulledge, Raymond
• Andrea Koystal, Betty Press, Martina Sciolino, Hattiesburg
• Benny Melton, Yazoo City
• Renee Moore, Canton
• Barbara Parrish, Lexington
• Vixon Sullivan, Monticello
• Les Torrans, Leland
• Susan Wellington, Flowood
• Kim Whitt, Moselle
The show will open to the public with a reception on Thursday evening, September 3 from 5:00pm to 8:00pm. You are invited to attend this opening along with your friends, family and clients. Winners receiving cash awards and honorable mentions will be announced at 6:00pm. Our esteemed juror, Myrna Colley-Lee, as well as members of the Butler Snow Art Committee who juried the exhibition round of the show, will be present throughout the evening.
The exhibition will hang through the end of the month of September – the last day for the public viewing will be Wednesday, September 30. Gallery hours are Tuesday through Friday 10am – 4pm.
The 2015 Cedars Juried Show will be shown at The Cedars, Jackson’s oldest residential home owned and maintained by Fondren Renaissance Foundation. Now celebrating its 175th anniversary, The Cedars and Gallery is located at 4145 Old Canton Road. The Cedars Juried Show is part of the Four Seasons of The Cedars Performing and Visual Arts Series. An additional September highlight in this series is this year’s 15th Annual Symphony at Sunset, presented by the Foundation and Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi, to be held on Thursday evening, September 17. Concert goers are encouraged to bring a picnic supper and chairs and blankets to enjoy this open to the public, free arts offering underwritten by Fondren Renaissance, Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Mississippi and numerous public and private corporations and individuals whose mission it is to share arts and education throughout the public sector.