Blue Cross & Blue Shield Presents Symphony at Sunset 2015
A patriotic playlist, picnics and playtime: it’s that time of year for Fondren’s annual Symphony at Sunset.
The fifteenth anniversary event will be held September 17 at 7pm at The Cedars and will honor Fondrenites Sara and Phil Nelson.
Presented by Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi, Symphony at Sunset delights with the talents of the Mississippi Symphony under the canopy of tress on the historic Cedars lawn. Numerous public and private corporations and individuals whose mission it is to share arts and education throughout the public sector help us to make the evening possible.
While sponsored tables are available (call our office at 601.981.9606), attendees bring picnic baskets, lawn chairs and blankets and kids run and play. It’s become a tradition in the neighborhood that’s not to be missed. And with no admission charge, it’s family entertainment everyone can be a part of.
The program includes:
• National Anthem – Traditional
• Star Spangled Spectacular – Arr. John Cacavas
Mary’s A Grand Old Name
Give My Regards to Broadway
Forty-five minutes from Broadway
Yankee Doodle Dandy
You’re a Grand Old Flag
• An American Fantasie – Arr. Karl Grossman
O Columbia, the Gem of the Ocean
Old Folks at Home
Marching Through George
America the Beautiful
• The Man I Love – George Gershwin, Arr. F. Campbell –Watson
• A Foggy Day – George Gershwin, Arr. Joe Reisman
• American Salute – Morton Gould
• Ashokan Farewell – Traditional
• Washington Post March – John Philip Sousa
• Selections from Up -Michael Giacchino
• Symphonic Suite from Lord of the Rings – Howard Shore -Arr. John Whitney
• So Was Red (End Titles) from Shawshank Redemption – Thomas Newman, Arr. Michael Houff
• Duel of the Fates from Star Wars – John Williams
• Pink Panther – Henry Mancini, arr. John Cacavas
• Funiculi Funicula – Arr. Philip Lang
• Beach Boys Medley – Arr. Calvin Custer
• God Bless America – arr. Bruce Healey
• Stars and Stripes Forever – John Philip Sousa