10 Apr 2017
The Budweiser Clydesdales will make a record fifth appearance in Fondren during the May 4 Arts, Eats & Beats! A special thanks to Southern Beverage Company for bringing them back to the neighborhood!
The eight-horse-hitch will arrive at BancorpSouth’s Medical Center branch for the ribbon cutting of their new building at 5 p.m. on May 4 before making their way via State Street to Duling Avenue.
On Friday, May 5, two of the horses will return to the neighborhood for Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
Fondren Renaissance Foundation, in cooperation with Capital City Beverage Company and Southern Beverage Company, presents the 3rd annual Mississippi Craft Beer Festival on the grounds of Duling Hall in Fondren on June 9, 2017. Get tickets here.
Over 100 beers will be presented for sampling by over two dozen breweries. Special emphasis will be placed on breweries within Mississippi and nearby bordering states with brewer representatives on hand to discuss their products and brewing methods.
01 Apr 2017
Win a 2016 Honda Civic two-door Coupe LX-P CVT, generously donated by Patty Peck Honda and presented by Fondren Renaissance Foundation!
Tickets are $20 each (click to purchase) and a portion of proceeds raised benefits Friends of Children’s Hospital, serving Mississippi’s only children’s hospital, Batson, located in Fondren.
01 Mar 2017
Residents will host garage or yard sales (beginning at 7 a.m.) and businesses and churches across the neighborhood will participate (from 9 a.m. until) with sample, information pills sidewalk, visit this white elephant and scratch-and-dent sales.
20 Feb 2017
We’ve made some changes to the weekend normally reserved for Fondren’s Zippity Doo Dah® Festival and want you to save the date!
- The Band U.S will perform at Duling Hall on Friday, March 24 at 9pm. Presented by Ardenland, this high energy group has an elaborate stage and lighting setup and a set list to match! Tickets are $15 in advance, $20 at the door at ardenland.net.
- Back by popular demand will be the Fondren Flea, billed as the state’s largest flea market/garage sale. Area home owners and businesses will join together early Saturday morning to the delight of shoppers and bargain hunters from all across the state.
- The annual Sal & Mookie’s Street Carnival, open to all ages, will include games, prizes and activities. From a jump zone and cookie walk to a dunking booth and eating contests, the carnival is located on the UMMC Green and admission is $2 per child.
08 Feb 2017
Fondren’s First Thursday, the monthly neighborhood street party held in Historic Downtown Fondren, will return on March 2, 2017 – with a twist.
Event organizer Ron Chane says a new system of alternating presenters each month will expand the depth of creativity of the two year-old event.
Included in this year’s FFT slate are three State Street Concert Series events presented by Sneaky Beans and Rooster’s, showcasing a headlining main stage act; the return of Fondren Renaissance’s Arts, Eats & Beats, a 15 year-old Fondren tradition; a special art-focused night helmed by the Mississippi Museum of Art; and FRF’s Fondren Unwrapped, on a new date, December 7. Three FFT “Throwbacks,” presented by Studio Chane, round out the year and will follow a structure similar to past year’s first Thursday events. Two of these, June and September, will offer vendors opportunities.
“This event has taken two years to reach its creative maturity,” says Chane, who will continue to guide and support the full roster of events for 2017. “This is still a positive night of people enjoying people, seeing our neighborhood from different perspectives. There will be an ebb and flow with much more variety. In short, something for everyone.”
The events for 2017 are:
• March 2 – State Street Concert Series presented by Rooster’s and Sneaky Beans
• April 6 – Fondren’s First Thursday Throwback presented by Studio Chane
• May 4 – Arts, Eats & Beats presented by Fondren Renaissance
• June 1 – Fondren’s First Thursday Throwback presented by Studio Chane
• July 6 – State Street Concert Series presented by Rooster’s and Sneaky Beans
• August 3 – End of Summer
• September 7 – Fondren’s First Thursday Throwback presented by Studio Chane
• October 5 – State Street Concert Series presented by Rooster’s and Sneaky Beans
• November 2 – Art Night presented by Mississippi Museum of Art
• December 7 – Fondren Renaissance’s Fondren Unwrapped presented by Bank Plus
18 Jan 2017
We’re pleased to announce the first installment of our 2017 Four Seasons of The Cedars Visual and Performing Arts Series.
“Winter” features recent works by Ellen Langford and Scott Cook and glass art by Elizabeth Robinson.
The exhibit hangs through March 3, 2017, Tuesday – Friday, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
A portion of all of the proceeds from sales of artists’ work goes to the continuing maintenance and restoration efforts of The Cedars, Jackson’s oldest residential home circa 1840, which celebrated 175 years in 2016.
The Cedars is located at 4145 Old Canton Road.
03 Nov 2016
Join us on November 10 for our first-ever Holiday Ornament Auction!
Artists will donate one-of-a-kind ornaments for silent auction in this first-ever FRF event, ask inspired by a similar event hosted each year by Oxford’s Yoknapatawpha Arts Council.
Spirit House Glass’ Elizabeth Robinson will be the featured artist with nearly 125 other local and regional artists participating.
21 Oct 2016
Here is a look at what’s going on this October…
“Fall,” our latest installment of the Four Seasons of The Cedars Visual and Performing Arts Series, is on display through October 28 at The Cedars. Featuring paintings by Pryor Buford Lampton, Buttons Marchetti and Key Neville Whitehead and ceramicist Susan Clark’s collegiate and holiday angels. Tuesday-Friday from 10am-4pm. Free.
Movie night at Fondren Park * this Saturday, Oct. 22 * 6pm
OurFondren Neighborhood Association will be showing Wes Anderson’s “The Fantastic Mr. Fox” just after sundown. Bring your kids, bring a picnic and bring friends. They will also be serving complimentary hot dogs, baked beans, chips and beverages. Come around 6 when the festivities begin and the movie will start shortly after sundown.
We are pleased to announce the fall edition of the Four Seasons of The Cedars Visual and Performing Arts Series at The Cedars, simply entitled “Fall.” The exhibit hangs through October 28, Tuesday – Friday, 10am – 4pm at The Cedars.