Arts, Eats & Beats
Returning for 2017, Arts, Eats & Beats, presented by Bancorpsouth, brings galleries, specialty stores and restaurants together with musical offerings and special art events, too.
- Fondren en Plein Air Painters Day and Wet Canvas Show (at Brown’s) – Details for artists here
- Mississippi Heritage Trust’s MS MOD Affair in Fondren Architectural Tour – tickets, more info at http://bit.ly/mhtmsmodfondren
- Patty Peck Honda Doo Dah Day™ Blue Car Giveaway –BancorpSouth. Tickets – http://bit.ly/bluecarfondren
- The World-Renowned Budweiser Clydesdales – Duling Avenue (around 5:30 p.m.)
- Red Door Jackson “Mississippi to Missouri” Art Show and Sale – Brent’s Drugs
- Nine Mississippi artists showing recent works featuring art from Pryor Bruford Lampton, Linda Lang Ishee, Beth Green Dean, Tammy Oliver Cook, Lorri Drennan, Sarah McTaggart, Lisa Paris, Lyn Isonhood and Katha Calhoun… plus a mini sidewalk sale and refreshments – Interiors Market
- Maui Jim trunk show with rep in store plus Chef Ken Crotwell catering and serving wine – Custom Optical
- Keep Fondren Funky event, presented by Fondren’s Natural Chick Association and Yelp Jackson – Studio 34, Fondren Corner
- Pastel Painters art show – St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
- Kids’ area with Dave’s Ostrich Farm and Petting Zoo and bounce house – St. Luke’s United Methodist Church
- School student Clothes Line Art Show + Center for Mental Health – Mental Health Month + Babalu Pop Up with Pork Nachos + Guac or Pico and Chips – Duling Green
- Student Rock Band – Fondren Guitars
- Hinds Community College Band Jazz Band – Duling Avenue
- Saltine Oyster Bar Street Tacos – Duling Avenue
- Stray at Home Cornhole and fest info, MPB, UMMC Camp U, Africare and Cabot Lodge (free popcorn) – Duling Avenue
- Live music at Sneaky Beans (Vibe Doctors), Sal & Mookie’s (Alex Fraser), Green Ghost Tacos (where it’s also Tiki Thursday), Hops & Habanas (Betsy Berryhill) and the “New Blood” music showcase at Cups (Basement Tapes and Spencer Thomas).
More to be added! Say you’ll be there on Facebook!
Special thanks to BancorpSouth, Patty Peck Honda, iHeart Radio, Southern Beverage Company, Mississippi Heritage Trust, PIP Printing, Jerrod Partridge and Elegant Trainwreck Productions.